The Spiritual Goals Committee has mapped out a way to extend our study of “the oneness of God’s kingdom vs the polarization of the mortal/material world.” At our workshop this past January, we discussed many areas in our lives that seem to have opposing sides. Now that we have uncovered these situations that attempt to divide us, we would like to spend the rest of this year affirming what is true about the real man as God’s creation.
As we do this, we will topple the sandy foundation of material polarization with our growing understanding of a spiritual, rock-solid foundation based on God’s oneness and allness. This transformation will happen within our own thought as we follow Mrs. Eddy’s request in Article VIII, Section 6 of the church Manual to “defend[ourselves] daily against aggressive mental suggestion. . .” Note that Mrs. Eddy used the singular “suggestion,” one lie, instead of many “suggestions.” Or, to put it in a more positive way, “Beloved Christian Scientists, keep your minds so filled with Truth, Life, and Love that sin, disease, and death cannot enter them.” (My, p. 210) During these next few months, let us arouse the “dormant understanding” in our own thinking.
Here’s the plan:
1. Each month we will send you an email with one aspect of this citation by Mary Baker Eddy on page 340 of Science and Health to study: “One infinite God, good, unifies men and nations; constitutes the brotherhood of man; ends wars; fulfills the Scripture, “Love thy neighbor as thyself;” annihilates pagan and Christian idolatry,--whatever is wrong in social, civil, criminal, political, and religious codes; equalizes the sexes; annuls the curse on man, and leaves nothing that can sin, suffer, be punished or destroyed.”
2. Each month, share your thoughts and ideas with the members. Here are some suggested ways:
· Share via our website, ChristianScienceFortCollins.com.. Either you can jot Steve Knox an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a note on a piece of paper, and he will post your idea. That way we will have all of our ideas in one area for us to refer. We can also participate in a back and forth conversation if desired.
· Share at our Wednesday testimony meetings.
3. At the end of the year, we will hold another workshop/fruitage meeting to wrap up this study.
Here is the schedule:
“One infinite, God good. . .
· April, 2015: . . . unifies men and nations;
· May, 2015: . . . constitutes the brotherhood of man;
· June, 2015 . . . ends wars;
· July, 2015. . . fulfills the Scripture, ‘Love they neighbor as thyself;’
· August, 2015 . . . annihilates pagan and Christian idolatry –whatever is wrong in social, civil, criminal, political, and religious codes;
· September, 2015: . . . equalizes the sexes;
· October, 2015: . . . annuls the curse on man, and leaves nothing that can sin, suffer, be punished or destroyed.”
· November: Wrap up meeting
Have fun nurturing your spiritual thought!
The Spiritual Goals Committee